Would you like to attend a conference organised by Mary Sumner House? Our Diocese has a place for someone, ideally not a diocesan trustee or officer, to attend the Growing in Hope and Confidence - Together conference. This will take place in June (16th - 19th), for members across Britain and Ireland and will be based at High Leigh conference centre in Hertfordshire. Your travelling and accomondation will be paid for.
If you are interested, please contact Beryl Mee on 01473 413534.
More information from the main MU website:
Content of the Conference
Based around the 2020 theme of ‘Building Hope and Confidence’ the programme content will be developed around four key ‘streams’: Growing, Hope, Confidence and Together.
At the end of the conference, we hope that delegates will:
- Be inspired by case studies of transformation by other members
- Participate in interactive workshops with peers, sharing knowledge and learning
- Be motivated by new approaches to improve outreach and increase member numbers
- Discover how to improve capturing and sharing our impact, in order to amplify our voice and make Mothers' Union more visible
- Gain skills to cascade and share with the wider membership
- Be empowered by others to look at different ways of being Mothers’ Union.
Throughout the conference, the emphasis will be on participatory learning, using practical approaches and useful materials to equip delegates with the confidence to cascade outcomes from the conference more widely.
Who should come?
This is a really exciting event, and dioceses should look to identify two delegates who are:
- committed and motivated to inspire others to move Mothers’ Union forward in their diocese
- open to new ideas and learning from other dioceses
- willing to share fresh ideas or different experiences with others
- prepared to implement outcomes in the diocese following the conference.
This conference is slightly longer than usual, starting on the morning of Tuesday 16th June, but with the option of arriving on Monday afternoon (at no additional cost) for those with a distance to travel, and ending after breakfast on Friday 19th June.