In Suffolk, the Mothers' Union runs a very wide range of projects reaching out in the community. AFIA - Away From It All - holidays is one of the big projects run by the Diocese, but many branches and individuals do a lot to support our communities.
These are projects that are on going in our Diocese:
- Students Cook book
- Supporting the Women's refuges in Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds
- Supporting the Chapman centre for the homeless & vulnerably housed in Ipswich
- Knitting hats for the Seaman's Mission
- Helping at the Contact Centre
- Prison work (Diocesan members making Christmas cards)
- Wedding Fayres
- Making drain bags for Breast Clinic / Oncology Department
- Memory bags for the special care baby unit
- Knitting baby hats and making quilts for premature babies.
Another idea is to pass on our magazines - Families First and Families Worldwide prayer diary - to anyone who doesn't get a copy, and to have spare copies available in your church.
Items donated for children at the Ipswich Women's Refuge
Craft items donated for children at the Ipswich Women's Refuge
Hats knitted for premature babies at the West Suffolk Hospital
Quilts for the Ipswich special care baby unit
Memory bags for the special care baby unit