Action & Outreach
In Suffolk, the Mothers' Union runs a very wide range of projects reaching out in the community. AFIA - Away From It All - holidays is one of the big projects run by the Diocese, but many branches and individuals do a lot to support our communities.
These are projects that are on going in our Diocese:
- Students Cook book
- Supporting the Women’s refuges in Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds
- Supporting the Chapman centre for the homeless & vulnerably housed in Ipswich
- Knitting hats for the Seaman’s Mission
- Helping at the Contact Centre
- Prison work (Diocesan members making Christmas cards)
- Wedding Fayres
- Making drain bags for Breast Clinic / Oncology Department
- Knitting baby hats and making quilts for premature babies.
Another idea is to pass on our magazines - Families First and Families Worldwide prayer diary - to anyone who doesn't get a copy, and to have spare copies available in your church.